Tuesday 15 October 2013

Making jewellery Magazine Issue 60

Lovely to see my latest creation for Making Jewellery Magazine mentioned on their Crafts Institute blog, (click here to view).
Making Jewellery Issue 60 out 17th October
Main project: Brooch & necklace
Extra project: Ring
Extra project: Sterling silver earrings
I really enjoyed making this design as red gerberas were my wedding flowers, all the way back in 2000. I even had my cake maker (Mum!) replicate them perfectly, in icing, for the cake.

When I saw a potted gerbera plant with the same deep red colour, I immediately bought it for my garden. It was the morning dew drops on the velvety petals that gave me the idea for the project.
They look bright pink here but in reality are a deep, lush red.

The wirework is much simpler to create than first appears, Start with a long length and bend it into  a wire 'petal' shape. 
All the steps to create the finished design are featured in the latest issue of Making Jewellery Magazine, along with lots more projects for you to be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment